By default, coaches added to the Coaching Dashboard cannot set up new clients and will only be able to view and/or manage clients that they are explicitly granted access to. Only Dashboard Managers can set up new clients, update billing information across clients, and permission team members to client accounts.
Continue reading to learn more about the features / functionality available to Dashboard Managers, including the following:
- The ability to set up new clients (create an account, purchase seats) – this is functionality unique to Dashboard Managers.
- The ability to permission team members to client accounts, and give them User or Admin access – this is also functionality unique to Dashboard Managers.
- The ability to manage billing information (update the billing address and payment methods on file) - again, this is also functionality unique to Dashboard Managers.
- The ability to add seats through time (for Upfront Annual Plans only).
Set up a New Client
Note: Currently, only Dashboard Managers can set up new clients.1. Set up a new client by clicking “+New Client.”
2. Enter the name of the company or team. If you receive an error message, it might be that the company or team name already exists in our system (the company or team name you enter must be unique).
3. Enter your billing information (country and zip code). This will be used for tax purposes. You will only be asked to complete this step for the first client that you set up. If you need to update your billing country and zip code in the future, you can do so by navigating to the “Administration” tab in the left-hand navigation bar.
4. Select the number of seats & the subscription type, and click “Checkout.”
- If the total amount is $5K or under, you will be directed to a checkout page.
- If the total amount is over $5K, an invoice will open in a new tab. If you’re having trouble with the invoice opening in a new tab or would prefer to pay later, please see our FAQs.
- If you are engaged with an Enterprise client seeking to purchase 100+ seats and qualifies for a volume discount, please reach out to email@example.com.
What are the two subscription types and what is the difference between them?
5. Once you have successfully made your purchase, you can begin inviting your client & their team. To do this:
- Click on the name of the client in your dashboard, which will open up a new tab.
- Navigate to Administration > Manage Users and click “Invite” to get started.
If you are unable to invite a client because their email already exists, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them for you (in this case, it is likely that they have a pre-existing account).
Notes: Right now, you can only add seats for the Upfront Annual subscription, not the 30-day experience. Only Dashboard Managers & coaches given Admin access to a client’s account can add seats.
1. Click on the “...” Actions menu for the client account you’d like to add additional seats to, and select “Add Seats.”
2. Select the number of seats you’d like to add to your account. You will be charged a prorated amount for the remainder of the subscription period.
3. An invoice will open in a new tab. You may be asked to re-enter your credit card information. If you’re having trouble with the invoice opening in a new tab or would prefer to pay later, please see our FAQs [LINK].
Permission Team Members to Client Accounts
Note: Currently, only Dashboard Managers can grant team members access to client accounts.
By default, team members added to the Coaching Dashboard can only view and/or manage client accounts that they are explicitly granted access to by a Dashboard Manager.
There are two levels of access that may be granted:
- Admin: Admins will have the ability to add seats for particular clients from the Coaching Dashboard. They can also invite users, view assessment data, etc. from the Administration tab of the client’s account.
- User: They will have full access to view the client’s data, but they cannot add seats nor will they be able to access the Administration tab for that client(s).
Follow these steps to permission a team member(s) to a client account:
1. Click on the “...” Actions menu for the client account you’d like to permission your team member(s) to and select “Manage Permissions.”
2. Here you will find a list of your team members. Use the checkboxes to indicate what level of access they should have. Keep in mind that you will need to check both “User” and then “Admin” to indicate individuals who should have Admin access (you cannot just select “Admin”).
If you do not see a team member listed, that means they do not have access to the Coaching Dashboard. Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you’d like to add someone to your Coaching Dashboard.
One thing to note is that there must be at least one admin per client account.
Manage Billing Information
Note: Currently, only Dashboard Managers can manage billing information.
You can update your billing address (country and zip code) and payment method(s) at any time by navigating to the “Administration” tab in the left-hand navigation bar. Keep in mind that if you update the billing address and/or payment method(s) on file, it will apply to all clients you set up going forward.
- Supporting multiple Dashboard Managers per Coaching Dashboard is currently a “beta” feature. If you choose to have more than one Dashboard Manager (which we don’t recommend at this point), all Dashboard Managers will be able to add new clients, manage billing information across clients, and view all client names. However, by default, all Dashboard Managers are not given access to manage all client accounts / view their data and can only grant other coaches access for client accounts that they’ve set up (unless permissioned accordingly).
- We do not currently support the ability for you to give a client Administrative access. Only Dashboard Managers (and any other coaches granted permission to manage a client’s account) will have Administrative access (the ability to add seats via the Coaching Dashboard & access the Administration tab within a client’s account). For client accounts migrated to the dashboard view, any existing Admins will be demoted to Non-Admins.
- Right now, you can only add seats for the Upfront Annual subscription, not the 30-day experience. If you need to add seats to a 30-day experience, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you.
- The $5K threshold, at which point we invoice you, is currently fixed. You cannot opt to receive an invoice for amounts lower than $5K. Please reach out to us at email@example.com and we would be happy to invoice you outside the system.
- For users with a pre-existing account with PrinciplesUs, you will receive an error message when trying to invite them to another account. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them on our end. Once we add them, you can let them know they will have access to all of their accounts and can switch between them by clicking on their avatar and selecting “Switch Team.”